What licensing options are available for the HERE APIs and SDKs?
Two licensing options are available on developer.here.com:
- Freemium – Free access for both commercial and non-commercial websites for HERE Location Services with a limit of 250,000 platform transactions, 5,000 SDK active users and 250 managed assets per month.
- Pro – Paid access for both commercial and non-commercial websites with a limit of 1 million platform transactions, 5,000 SDK active users and 250 managed assets per month. It includes an SLA and email support.
For both of the above, HERE XYZ is included with 2.5GB data transfer and 5GB database storage per month.
See the pricing page for more information about licensing options.
To license HERE services for apps with more than 250 managed assets or 5,000 active users per month, or ADAS (advanced driver-assistance systems) apps, please contact us.
What is a transaction?
For most of our services, a transaction is one server request. For map, satellite and traffic tiles, it's 15 requests. Exceptions and detailed definitions are available in our FAQ.
What is a Monthly Active User (MAU)?
An active user represents an active customer app installation on a device that uses the HERE mobile SDK in a given billing month. If you have more than 5,000 monthly active users (MAUs) for your application, contact us for a plan tailored to your needs, including appropriate volume discounts.
What is a managed asset?
An asset is a person (including an end user), animal, device, cargo, means of transportation, vehicle or any other moveable object. A managed asset is an asset which is
- located, tracked or displayed on a map,
- provided directions or series of waypoints, or
- has analytics derived by using the HERE Materials in a customer application or service for business purposes.
For example, HERE services are often used to help logistics providers manage vehicles in a fleet or a field workforce. If you manage 250 or fewer assets, the Freemium and Pro plans will support your app. Contact us to license applications that manage more than 250 assets.
What is HERE XYZ database storage?
Database Storage means data stored by the HERE XYZ service.
What is an HERE XYZ data transfer?
Data Transfer means the movement of all data to or from the HERE XYZ service.
When do HERE Location Services limits apply to my Freemium or Pro plan?
The transaction limit always applies.
The MAU limit applies when you use any of our mobile SDKs. If, for example, you exceed 250,000 transactions per month but still have fewer than 5,000 monthly active users on an app using a HERE mobile SDK, you'll be charged for the usage above 250,000 transactions.
The managed asset limit applies if you manage assets using HERE services. As with the MAU limits, the transaction limit and the managed asset limit both apply. For example, if you exceed 250,000 transactions in a month but manage fewer than 250 assets, you'll be charged for the usage above 250,000 transactions.
What other HERE Location Services limits apply to my Freemium or Pro plan?
- The Electronic Horizon feature in the Premium Mobile SDK is excluded. Please contact us if you're interested in this feature.
- The Tracking REST API is excluded. Please go to https://tracking.here.com and select "Try our app" for a free trial.
- For Freemium plans only, the following limits apply:
- Custom Locations: you may upload a maximum of 3 layers with a maximum of 100 polygons or polylines.
- Waypoints Sequence: up to 10 requests per day.
- Advanced Data Sets: up to 100 requests per hour and 1,000 per day.
- Storing results from geocodes is not allowed with our Freemium and Pro plans. Please contact us for a plan that supports storing results from geocodes.
- Advertising Data Services is excluded. Please contact us if you're interested in this feature.
- Access to HERE Location Services hosted in China is excluded. Freemium and Pro licenses include coverage of China as specified in the Coverage Information section of the API documentation, which is usually at "Entry Map" level. To access HERE Location Services hosted in China, please contact us.
When do HERE XYZ limits apply to my Freemium or Pro plan?
The database storage and data transfer limits are included as part of the monthly plan. You may continue using XYZ, but you'll be charged for usage exceeding 2.5GB data transfer or 5GB database storage.
What are the terms and conditions for your licensing options?
Terms and conditions for all licensing options available through developer.here.com are here.
What's your Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
Our SLA is 99.9% monthly availability for these APIs in production:
- Map Image API
- Map Tile API
- Venue Maps API
- Routing API
- Geocoder API
- Batch Geocoder API
- Geocoder Autocomplete API
- Places API
- Traffic API
- Positioning API
- Fleet Telematics
This SLA comes with all our paid plans. This includes the Freemium plan when paying for use over 250,000 transactions per month and the Pro plan.
We do not offer an SLA (Service Level Agreement) for HERE XYZ.
Can I display results from the HERE Location Services APIs on other maps, eg, restaurants returned by the HERE Places API on a Google map?
To preserve the quality and integrity of the HERE user experience, commingling results from HERE Location Services APIs with maps from other providers isn't allowed. Commingling refers to substituting, appending or supplementing HERE services or content with other services or content or vice-versa.
Can I integrate HERE RESTful web services with Leaflet?
Yes, you can also use Oracle MapViewer and OpenLayers
Can I display results from HERE Location Services independent of an underlying map, eg, return a list of restaurants from the Places API as text that is not a map?
Yes, you may display results from HERE Location Services independent of an underlying map or other imagery.
I run a website/app that makes money by providing additional premium content to subscribers. Can I use the Freemium plan in this case?
I will make money with my mobile app by selling it through an app store or other transactions. Can I use the Freemium plan in this case?
I'm a third-party developer who wants to build several apps/websites for different customers. Can I use the same app_id?
No. Each application for each customer needs a separate app_id. To get an additional app_id, simply repeat the sign up process for the appropriate plan.