Calculating Toll Costs
tollcost.json) has two main parameters for input:
route– Road segments, optionally with date or time information
vspec– Profile of the vehicle to determine applicable toll costs
Routes for Toll Cost Calculation
To calculate the toll costs for a particular route, the Fleet Telematics Toll Costs expects a route as a sequence of permanent link IDs. You can construct this route by using the HERE Routing API or the HERE Route Match Extension API.
Alternatively, you can also obtain the link IDs for your route via reverse geocoding with the HERE Geocoder API.
- Category: motorcycle, truck, auto or other vehicle category
- Trailer type: none, trailer, caravan
- Number of axles in the vehicle and other technical specifications
Types of costs
- Road section costs – Fees that the driver must pay to use a specific road, section of road or to go through a specific toll booth
- Administrative area admission costs – Fees that the driver must pay in order to gain access to the road network of a specific area
- Ferry costs – Fees that the driver must pay for using the ferry for himself including his vehicle