About this Edition
The HERE SDK for iOS (Navigate Edition) features the HERE Rendering Engine that offers visually appealing true 3D maps and a smooth map experience that is highly customizable. In comparison to the Explore Edition, the Navigate Edition provides additional premium features such as turn-by-turn navigation.
At the time of writing, version 220.127.116.11 is the latest release of the HERE SDK for iOS (Navigate Edition), which includes:
| Mapping || |
- Latest map data from the HERE platform for more than 190 countries with weekly map updates.
- Resource-friendly vector tile map rendering.
- 2D / 3D rendering including extruded buildings, carto POIs and more.
- Highly customizable map styles, including predefined styles such as normal street map and satellite map.
- Support for all common map interactions and gestures (including pan, flick, and pinch zoom).
- Pickable overlay objects on the map such as polylines, polygons, circles, images, and routes.
- Attachable native iOS views as map pins.
- Highly customizable 2D and 3D map marker support (including anchor points and metadata).
- Metadata support for map items (for example, to identify search results on the map).
- Advanced positioning capabilities to find your current location.
- Interactive private venue maps for building owners.
| Search || |
- Search through a broad set of geographical content across the globe (including streets, address points, categories, and places).
- Search the vast HERE database by Place ID.
- Request search results filtered by country in your preferred language.
- Access localized details for a Point of Interest (POI).
- Enhance the search experience with auto suggestions.
- Perform geocoding and reverse geocoding lookups.
- Search along a route.
- Search offline on already cached maps.
- All address details are already localized and can be accessed in various languages.
| Traffic || |
- Embedded support for instant visualization of traffic flows on the map.
- Embedded support for instant visualization of traffic incidents on the map.
| Directions || |
- Online car route directions.
- Online pedestrian route directions.
- Online truck route directions with highly customizable truck options.
- Online routes for _electric vehicles_ to find the nearest charging stations (based on the calculated energy consumption and battery specifications).
- Specify preferred route type (fastest or shortest) and route options (such as speed profiles, route restrictions, vignette options, and more).
- Calculate traffic-aware routes indicating potential traffic delay times, as well as traffic-optimized routes to avoid traffic.
- Get traffic flow information along the individual sections of a route.
- Customizable route shapes utilizing different types of waypoints.
- Localized maneuver instructions are available for each route.
- Alternative routes.
| Navigation || |
- Turn-by-turn navigation to get detailed maneuver instructions while traveling along a route.
- Ready-to-use voice instructions for more than 35 languages.
- Real-time progress information until the destination is reached.
- Support for adjustable speed warnings.
- Notifications when passing all relevant waypoints.
- A built-in location simulator to test any route during development phase.
- Support for GPX tracks.
The HERE SDK for iOS can seamlessly be integrated into the car’s built-in display using Apple's CarPlay.
- The HERE SDK for iOS supports iOS 12.4 and iPadOS or higher.
- Only simulators running iOS 13.0 or higher are supported.
- As an absolute minimum for development, you must use macOS Catalina, Xcode 11.3 and Swift 5.1.2.
- The accompanying example apps have been developed using Xcode 11.5.
The HERE SDK supports iOS ARM64 / 64-bit architectures incorporating Apple's A7 chip or newer. This means that all iOS devices starting from the iPhone 5s (which was released in 2013) are supported. The x86_64 architecture is supported for simulators.
Where to Start?
If you are interested in building your first app showing a HERE map, have a look at our Get Started section to guide you through the first simple steps.
Please contact your HERE representative to receive access including a set of evaluation credentials. For now, the Navigate Edition is only available upon request.
A quick overview of the main concepts and conventions can be found here.
- In the examples section, you can find the links to our example applications that accompany this user guide.
- The API Reference can be found in your downloaded SDK package or on developer.here.com.
- If your are planning to migrate your app from another HERE SDK edition to the Navigate Edition, consult the Migration Guide.
- Choose a plan: For now, the Navigate Edition is only available upon request. Please contact your HERE representative for more details.
The use of the HERE SDK for iOS is governed by the terms and conditions which you have accepted separately, either when signing up via the developer.here.com portal or otherwise executing an agreement with HERE. For your use of the documentation presented on this website, these terms apply.
In addition to the above terms, the following shall apply: Components of the HERE SDK for iOS collect certain information from your application. Such information includes access credentials (
Open Source Software Notices
If you use the HERE SDK for iOS in your application, you must embed the HERE copyright and various open source software licenses or link to a copy hosted on your project's webspace. You can find a copy of these licenses in the HERE_NOTICE file, which is included in your HERE SDK package.