Why use the Live Sense SDK
Live Sense is an SDK which consists of a collection of pre-trained models.
The models enable a camera-based device to detect, classify, and alert users of potential hazards found in or on the side of the road, such as:
- Other vehicles (cars, trucks, or buses)
- Vehicle brakes
- Construction zones
- Traffic lights
- Speed limits
- Other road signs
Live Sense enables you to do the following:
- Enhance applications and devices with the capability to detect real-time imminent and potential driving hazards to offer commercial and passenger vehicle drivers real time safety alerts and contextual insights that keep them informed of their dynamic environments
- Offer flexibility for every driver and type of vehicle, including vehicles without a display screen
- Live Sense models work on the edge device rather than the cloud. Therefore the device can detect and inform the driver in real time (without the need for network connectivity or a data plan).
- Live Sense detects changes in the environment. This feature helps to keep drivers informed in real-time.
- Alert detection for the identification of brake lights when a car has applied its brakes.
- Support connected user alerts. This feature enables Live Sense users to share hazards, incidents, and change detections via the network automatically without user input (coming soon).
- The ability to combine Live Sense with other HERE products. This feature strengthens your solution for your customer, such as advanced hazard guidance for sharp curves or animal crossings.