Whether you're a team of one or a team of one hundred, the first thing you'll want to do is set up user accounts for the people you want to have access to the HERE Workspace. These could be developers, administrators, data scientists, product managers, or others - anyone in your organization who has a need to view data, develop data processing pipelines, analyze data, or manage your billable usage.
Only admins can invite users to an account. If you do not see the Admin tab at the top of the portal page, contact an admin for your account and request admin rights.
Follow the steps below to invite new users to your account.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the members or Pending invitations tab, click Invite.
- Enter the name and email address of the new user.
- If you want to make the new user an admin, select the Admin checkbox.
- If you want to invite more than one user at a time, click + Add another for each additional user.
- Click Send Invite. The Admin page appears and a message notifies you that you successfully completed your invitation and that the HERE portal is sending an email to one or more new users.
All users must have the HERE Workspace account. For instructions on how to activate your HERE Workspace account, see your invitation email.
To close this page and return to the Admin page, click x or Cancel. Note that you lose all your changes if you leave the page without clicking Send Invite.
Note: Give Admin Rights to Existing Users
For instructions on how to turn existing users into admins, see Manage Users.
To use the data visualization and analysis features provided by the HERE Workspace, and to use the HERE Data SDK for Java & Scala, you need to get credentials to the HERE Maven repository.
- Log in to https://platform.here.com
- Click the drop-down menu by your username in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Select Repository.
- Click Generate Credentials
- Copy your repository username and password for use later.
You can set up alerts and request email notifications when a condition or threshold is met. Adding a metric can be summarized by the following two sets of steps.
An alert in Grafana has two components—a notification channel and an alert trigger. A notification channel is defined as a way that you can be notified by Grafana, such as email.
To create a notification channel, follow these steps:
- Open the Grafana tool from https://platform.here.com/ by clicking on Tools > Monitoring and alerts.
- In Grafana, click the dropdown menu in the upper left, select Alerting > Notification Channels.
- On this screen, you can create a new channel and specify the notification method by selecting the type from the drop down menu. We only support email and webhook notification types.
Note: Grafana Documentation
For more details and options, see the the Grafana Documentation on Notifications.
There are two important things to keep in mind before creating an alert:
- Alerts cannot be created on the standard metrics dashboards that are supplied with HERE portal.
- Alerts can only be setup on a 'Graph' panel in a dashboard.
To create the alert, follow these steps:
- Create a new dashboard, use an existing one you've created, or duplicate an existing dashboard. For more information, see the Grafana Getting Started documentation
- Select a new panel of type Graph. Alerts can only be setup on Graph Panels.
- Edit the graph by clicking on the Panel Title and choosing Edit.
- Add your metric to the Metrics tab. You can find more information on how to do this in the Grafana documentation on Alerting Rules.
- Select the Alert tab to add values to the alert.
- Select Notifications on the left side menu and add your previously created notification channel.
For more information, see the Grafana User Guide.