This section outlines how to get started quickly using HERE Geocoding and Search on the HERE platform:
This section provides information on the minimum setup required to quickly begin using HERE Geocoding and Search. For more detailed information on HERE account setup, project creation, service linking, app registration, and authentication, see the Identity & Access Management Guide.
If your organization has signed up for HERE Workspace or HERE Marketplace, contact your organization admin who can invite you to join the HERE platform organization established for your company. You can also request a free trial of the HERE platform if your company does not have an organization established for it. For more information, see the HERE platform pricing.
To create a project, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the HERE platform using your HERE account.
- Open the Projects manager from the launcher.
- Click Create new project.
- Enter a name for the project. Project names don't have to be unique.
- Enter a project ID. Project IDs must be unique within an organization and cannot be changed for the lifetime of the organization. Project IDs must be between 4 and 16 characters in length.
- Enter an optional description.
- Click Save.
To get an API key, follow these steps:
- On the Resources tab, select Services and then click Link a Service.
- Search for services and click Link to link them to your project as needed.
- Click Done.
- Select the Access and permissions tab and click Grant access.
- Under New app, select Create.
- Provide an app name and click Register. The platform creates a new app with a unique app ID.
- On the Credentials tab, select API Keys and then click Create API key to generate a maximum of two API Keys for your application authentication credentials. The API key is created and displayed.
The following are two examples of requests:
|discover request||geocode request|
|To retrieve 5 petrol stations near ||To geocode the free-form text "Invalidenstr 117, Berlin", send the request:|
| || |
The responses to the above requests may include multiple items, and each item will provide the following high-level elements:
Other elements are specific to the different HERE Geocoding and Search services/endpoints.
Oauth tokens are recommended for production. This example uses an
apiKey to allow you to quickly try the API.
HERE Geocoding and Search services are: