China & Japan
The Chinese government imposes usage restrictions and requires additional certifications on maps and location data. This also impacts the usage of location services. Please contact your account executive for details.
Using location services based on Japanese map data requires additional licensing. Please contact your account executive for details.
Both Chinese and Japanese map content and functions are fully HERE map & service compliant, but have reduced feature sets. Details see below.
Fleet Telematics API China Features
The service is available on endpoint fleet.hereapi.cn. It needs additional entitlement and currently bases solely on China map data. Additional map regions on this endpoint can be made available upon demand.
Following services are available:
- PDE Advanced Data Sets - some layers are not yet available, see below
- RME Route Matching
- CLE Custom locations. Legal restrictions apply, legal approval might be required, contact your account executive.
- GFE Geofencing on HERE map layers + on custom layers. Legal restrictions apply, legal approval might be required, contact your account executive.
- CRE Custom Routes - real time traffic and traffic patterns are not yet available. For custom road changes legal restrictions apply, legal approval might be required, contact your account executive. • WSE Waypoints Sequence (only the calculateroute.json variant, not the findsequence.json variant)
Advanced Data Sets layers:
- Most layers are available. http://fleet.hereapi.cn/1/doc/layers.html?region=HKMC&release=latest&app_id=&app_code=
- Missing/empty layers: ADMIN_TRUCK restrictions, CENSUS boundaries, Environmental Zone Restrictions, EV Charging POIs, Fuel Station POIs, Junction Views, LOADING_ZONE_POIs, Postal Code Midpoints, Public Transport POIs, Safety Alerts, Topology Segment ID Cross Ref, Traffic Pattern, Truck POIs, TRUCK_RESTRictions, TRUCK_SPEED_LIMITS,
- Missing worldwide maps: CENSUS data, Digital Terrain Model (available in the international endpoint, unshifted), Postal Code Boundaries
- Missing Traffic Archive: Advanced Data Sets Traffic Speed Record is pending Real Time Traffic availability.
- ADAS slope is available but ADAS height not yet.
Services not yet available for China:
- TCE Toll Cost Routing
- FCE Fleet Connectivity
- Truck Parking Availability
China map coordinates are shifted by GCJ-02 as required by the government. Applications can convert them into plain WGS84 coordinates on the client device by licensing the CSM (China Shift Module) from the goverment. Computations like distance, area size, direction and turn angles can be done in the shifted GCJ-02 coordinate system, as long as the spatial extend is small. To perform such compuations on larger scales or across the Chinese border, the China coordinates must be unshifted upfront, because they can be a few hundred meter away from WGS84.
Fleet Telematics API Japan Features
The standard endpoint uses Japan map content if
®ion=JPN is specified. It needs additional entitlement, otherwise only an overview map of Japan is visible. It will then use only the map of Japan. Additional map regions can be made available upon demand.
Custom map data (Custom Locations & Custom Road Overlays for Routing) are separated from the International custom map data.
For Japan, following services are available:
- CRE Custom Routes - real time traffic and traffic patterns are not yet available
- RME Route Matching
- PDE Advanced Data Sets layers Admin Polygons, Link Attributes, Link Connectivity, Road Geometry, Routing Attributes, Administrative Regulations, Speed Limits, Truck Restrictions, Turn Restrictions, Digital Terrain Model.
- GFE Geofencing & Geofencing on Maps
- CLE Custom Locations
- WSE Waypoints Sequence (only the calculateroute.json variant, not the findsequence.json variant)