The main features offered by the HERE Android SDK are listed below.
Note: The HERE Android SDK is designed for standalone Android APK development. If you plan to use the HERE SDK for platform-embedded app development (apps that ship with the device ROM), see Service Support to contact us for more details .
- Dynamically download maps for more than 190 countries in over 60 languages
- Map styles: normal street map, satellite map, transit map, and more
- Touch gestures (including pan, flick, and pinch zoom)
- Overlay objects on the map such as polylines, polygons, icons, and routes
- Overlay custom raster tiles on the map (for example, to display heat maps)
- Ability to render raster tiles and map objects interleaved within different map layers
- Search through a broad set of geographical content across the globe (including streets, address points, and categorized places)
- Search for a specific place or explore by categories
- Access rich details for a Point of Interest from third-party content sources (including images, ratings, reviews, and editorials)
- Perform geocoding and reverse geocoding lookups
- Online Car and Pedestrian Route Directions
- Specify preferred route type (fastest or shortest) and route options (such as avoiding toll roads, motorways, and parks)
- Alternate routes