SDK for Android is designed and tested with Android phones and tablets in mind. SDK performance will vary between devices, since it is primarily determined by CPU, GPU, and display resolution. Currently, Nexus 5 is a suitable reference for a device which delivers acceptable SDK performance. If your target device is not a phone or tablet, see Service Support to contact us for more details .
- Minimum supported API Level is 17 which corresponds Android 4.2.x "Jelly Bean". (
- Apps should be developed using Android Studio 2.3.2 or above
- For apps that implement basic use cases such as map rendering, search, and routing a minimum of 128MB of memory (RAM) is recommended to be available. More complex use cases, such as turn-by-turn navigation, require more memory.
- A minimum of 120MB per application should be made available for storing HERE SDK libraries
- A minimum of 100MB should be made available for storing map data
- Data connectivity (Wi-Fi or Cellular) is required to download map data and ensure map data is updated when new versions are made available
- Don't use the "Don't keep activities" parameter in the Developer's settings of Android, as it may break the routing & navigation features.