The HERE Data SDK for Java & Scala facilitates following abstract uses cases:
- reading and writing data to and from the HERE Workspace
- map matching data received from sensors or other sources
- accessing attributes for road segments
- incrementally processing map updates
- creating and updating schemas
- archiving stream data to an index layer for later use
- stream processing data in Flink
For illustrative examples using Workspace data, see Example Use Cases.
The HERE Workspace provides the following libraries containing sets of reusable algorithms that allow creating basic components instead of writing them from scratch:
- Data Client Library - provides Java and Scala libraries to read and write Workspace catalogs and manage data.
- Data Processing Library - provides Java and Scala libraries for building batch pipelines to perform transformations on snapshots in versioned layers.
- Data Validation Library - provides Java and Scala libraries for testing versioned data layers in the Workspace.
- Location Library - provides Java and Scala libraries for map matching and for interacting with Workspace map data.
- Data Archiving Library - provides a Java library to assist with archiving messages ingested via a stream layer.