- Improvements in Geocoder API to enhance response details for certain countries
- Traffic coverage extended by Indonesia
- New routing parameter and option in Custom Routes API for fuel optimized routing
- New HERE Mobile SDK User Interface (UI) kit now with first guidance components
Convert street addresses to geo-coordinates and vice-versa with forward geocoding, including landmarks, and reverse geocoding.
- Improvements in reverse geocoding for house addresses
- Additional Turkish Metropolitan Municipalities added to cities to support matching and responses
- Administrative changes in responses in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey
Geocoder Autocomplete API
Correct misspellings and get better suggestions for your address search with fewer keystrokes.
- Improvements have been made for postal code results to add more administrative information in the label.
Provide precise instructions to a destination using various transport modes (e.g., car, truck, public transit, bicycle) and leveraging different algorithms (e.g., matrix, isoline routing).
- Fixed elevation data provided in the route shape
Display map tiles with real-time traffic flow information overlays reflected as colored lines drawn on affected streets and roads and get access to real-time traffic flow and incident data in XML and JSON.
- Traffic Coverage was extended by Indonesia
Custom Routes API
Build custom routes considering your own road restrictions and geometries.
- New routing parameter &maxSpeed=110kph for fuel optimized routing. Assumes lower speed driven bigger roads to save fuel.
- New option ;builtupFactor=1.8 for routing parameter &customConsumptionDetails for fuel optimized routing. Increases the fuel cost while driving through cities
HERE Mobile SDK User Interface (UI) Kit
Major changes and features:
- Scooter routing
- Deliver first guidance flows & components
- Route planner improvements
- Integration of the HERE SDK 3.8
- Example apps and a new user guide
Note: This release supports only HERE SDK 3.8 due to newly added feature. Please note, this version requires also map update (Map#84.156 released on June 28, 2018 or fresher), so a re-installation of the demo application might be required for a proper use. On Android please delete the hidden folder msdkui-data on the root level of the internal storage to get rid of the old map data. For a full functional application, the license key needs to be extend to support scooter routing.
More details can be found in the release notes file inside the zip packages
Get the updated packages directly from developer.here.com via this link:
- Android: http://android.uikit.dl.developer.here.com/uikit-android-release-1.4.0-124.zip
- iOS: http://ios.uikit.dl.developer.here.com/ui-kit-ios-release-1.4.0-126.zip